This one is right from chowhound. Not surprisingly, most look really good.
Roasted Asparagus with Poached Eggs and Miso Butter
Makes: 2 servings
* 2 tablespons unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 2 tablespoons white miso paste
* 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
* 1 bunch of thin green asparagus, bottom ends trimmed (about 1 pound)
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 2 poached eggs
1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, miso, and sherry vinegar, stirring until it is smooth. (Mixture will be thick.) Set aside.
2. Place asparagus in a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat a large, dry frying pan over medium heat. When hot, place asparagus in the pan and let it pan-roast, stirring only occasionally, until it is tender and lightly blackened. Remove from heat.
4. Divide the miso butter between two serving plates and top with the roasted asparagus. Place a poached egg on top of the asparagus and sprinkle with more salt and freshly ground black pepper.
It is pretty damn good. I made it for breakfast, but it would be a darn tasty side dish too. I'm a big fan of asparagus with poached eggs. I'm going to try a few different varieties.