Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chorizo Hash with Peppers and Paprika


Chorizo Hash with peppers and Paprika
5oz/150g chorizo
1 small red pepper
1 rounded tsp hot paprika
1 medium onion
10oz/275g potatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large clove of garlic, peeled, and crushed
2 large very fresh eggs

Peel the onion and slice in half then slice as thin as you can into half-moon shapes. Halve and deseed the pepper then cut into 1/2 inch chunks. Peel the skin off the chorizo and cut to the same size as the pepper. Wash the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes leaving the skin on.
Place the potatoes in a saucepan and pour in boiling water to almost cover them. Add salt and a lid and simmer for 5 min before draining them in a colander and covering with a tea towel to absorb the steam.
Heat 2 tbs oil in a heavy based pan, add the onion, pepper, and garlic and cook for about 6 min. Push it all to the side of the pan and add the chorizo, and cook for about 2 min. Add the paprika and stir everything around, then remove it all to a plate. Add the last tbsp of oil to the pan and keeping the heat high add the potatoes and some salt and pepper. Toss them around for about 3 min, keeping them moving. Add back the pepper mixture and cook for another 5- 6 min, turning the mixture as it cooks.
Fry the eggs to serve with the hash.

Hey Cookbad, I was inspired by your Red Flannel Salmon Hash and decided to try a hash recipe of my own. I was never a big fan of corned beef hash, but then, I had only ever had that kind that comes from a can and tastes like a salt lick. I found this recipe in a Delia Smith cookbook. I love chorizo, and they happened to have some for cheap at the supermarket this weekend, so there you go.

I realized at the last minute that all I had in the house was regular (not hot) paprika, so I just used that. In the future I would definitely make a point of using the right kind, or maybe adding some cayenne pepper. It’s a little tough for me because I love spicy, but my husband and kids are not such big fans. Even without the spicy, this had a lovely flavor. We had it for dinner not breakfast, I think it would be a little heavy early in the morning, but would make a very nice brunch.

tags technorati :

2 comments:

MomBad said...

I've got another hash recipe that I'm going to make in a few weeks. I need some left over roast beef to make it.

yanmaneee said...

golden goose sneakers
jordan shoes
converse
fitflops sale clearance
bape hoodie
nike air max
yeezy
canada goose
yeezy shoes
nike epic react