Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Miso Orange Salmon with Sauteed Pea Tendrils

a lovely bunch of pea greens from the farmers market. They were only a buck.

recipe # 186 & 187

Miso Orange Salmon with Sauteed Pea Tendrils
1/3 cup yellow miso 2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon mirin
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
6 6-ounce salmon fillets
Finely chopped green onions

Whisk first 6 ingredients in small bowl.

Preheat broiler. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place salmon on foil, skin side down. Spread miso mixture over salmon. Broil fish until glaze begins to blister and brown, about 3 minutes. Cover fish loosely with foil. Broil until fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer fish to plates. Top with onions.
photo by my husband, jordan

Makes 6 servings.


I skipped the onions. This is a good recipe for salmon that isn't the best. We have this huge bag of salmon filets from costco that is just okay so I have to slather it with all sorts of stuff to make myself want to eat it. I prepared this one, my husband cooked it up. I think it could have stood another few minutes in the broiler to get brown.

The pea greens were great. I sauteed them up with some olive oil and garlic. Easy breeze.

tags technorati :

No comments: