Sunday, August 27, 2006

Corn Dogs with Thai Chili Maple Syrup

not the cutest corn dogs I've ever seen, but damn tasty

DISH 29
I never. . . made meat on a stick before, deep fryed meat


On the way to the park today I found an ancient Betty Crocker cookbook. I'm not too proud, so I picked it up and flipped thru it while my kids mopped around the playground.

That's when I found the recipe for corn dogs. Yum. Fried meat on a stick. I needed to know how to make them.

The recipe went something like this:

Corn Dogs:
8 hotdogs (any kind)
1 c. flour
2/3 c. corn meal
2 pinch salt
2 tbs. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. dried mustard
1 egg
2/3 c. milk
handfull of frozen corn kernels
2 tbs. oil (I used olive oil)
enough oil to fry them in

Pat the hotdogs dry, cut them in half and put them on a stick. You could also make them into smaller chunks and skip the stick to bitesized corn dogs.

mix together all, dip hot dogs, fry when oil is 375 degrees. Flip corn dog every 30 seconds until golden brown.



These were good. I was smart this time and packed them away in the freezer before I ate them all like I did with the suppli. I did have one and I made a maple sryup thai chili sauce which was 1 part thai chili sauce, 1 part maple syrup that has been reduced for 10 minutes over med. heat.

chili maple syrup sauce

No comments: