Thursday, October 26, 2006

Baked Eggs in Bacon Rings

I could have buttered the bread, but it was great even without

recipe #114

Another great recipe from my 1971 edition of Joy of Cooking. I've never baked eggs before, so I thought I would give it a shot.

Baked Eggs in Bacon Rings
slightly cook bacon in a pan or microwave- cook it more if you like very well done bacon
grease muffin tin with bacon fat
line the sides of muffin tins with bacon
crack and egg and gently drop it into the bacon ring
top with salt, pepper and paprika
cook for 10 minutes at 325 degrees

When done let them rest for a couple minutes then gently place them on a toast round--or as Joy of Cooking suggests, a pineapple ring.

Good with hot sauce.

2 of these baked eggs on toast is a serving.

I love these. They are so easy and take no time. Things with bacon seldom disappoint me. I'm going to go thru all the Joy of Cooking breakfast egg recipes.

10 minutes cooks the yolk med. soft.

No comments: