Monday, May 07, 2007

Turkey Bacon sandwich w/ Walnut Rocket Pesto

or Sandwiches a la Anthony!


PS Rocket is British for Arugula

“For a quick tip , take some arugula , a few pine nuts , or almonds , or even walnuts (they work best) with some garlic , maybe 1 clove to 2 cups of arugula , and 1/4 cup walnuts. and put it all in a food processor , and blend away while adding a good olive or canola oil in a steady stream. It makes an awesome pesto. Put it on a turkey sandwich with some bacon , and OH MY GOD...So Good!!”

I got this suggestion from my brother-in-law, and let me tell you, he’s not wrong. So Good! The spicy-ness of the rocket and the substantial flavor of the walnuts go perfectly with the always wonderful combo of bacon and turkey.

We added cheese to our sandwiches because my older son demands cheese whenever there are sandwiches (even peanut butter and jelly, though in that case I tend to put it on the side). I think this would have been good with a big crusty type of bread, but we just used what we had in the house and it was still fabulous.

As always, Anthony rocks!

No comments: