Friday, May 25, 2007

Good Stuff from the past couple of months

I broke my camera again (the 3rd in the past year), so I didn't take pictures for a while, but here are some of the best things I made over the past couple of months that I took picutres of.

Koren Style Grilled Pork with Cilanto Red Pepper Flake dressing

I'll post the recipe for this shortly.

Japanese Raspberry Soy Tartlette. Sort of like cheese cake without the dairy.

grilled pizza

Our friends Shanon and David introduced us to the wonders of the grilled pizza. I'd read about it an a blog or two, but never tried it. Shanon and David use this aluminium foil that is like tephlon and stuff doesn't stick to. I recommend this stuff. I'm going to blong in more detail about this later.

vermouth marinited figs from a Pongo Cafe Cookbook roast recipe

I made my first beef roast. I killed it, and not in good way. When I finally cut into the roast there wasn't even the slightest hint of pink even in the deepest center. Bummer. But now I know better, and the flavor was FANTASTIC. Basically it was a nice peice of round eye roast covered in figs that had been soaking in vermouth, preserved lemons, garlic (tons), chopped up fennel and some thyme (fresh). Damn tasty.

hijiki sea cakes with tarter sauce from the Down to Earth Cookbook

recipes coming soon

2 comments:

AteThat said...

Was the Korean pork as good as it looks? Also, did you find out the secret of making a good beef roast? I killed one once too, and have been afraid to spend the money on another one since then, but Dad and Vangie are coming out to visit and I thought I'd give it a try again.

smeshaez said...

website link j6c61q8j95 louis vuitton replica replica bags philippines greenhills y0m36m5w65 replica goyard bags fake hermes g3p85c7j29 replica bags bangkok click for info y3w38v1c58 replica bags buy online zeal replica bags