Sunday, May 06, 2007

Quick-braised Celery



1 head celery, trimmed, destringed, and cut into 3 inch pieces
1oz/25g butter
1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
3oz/75g carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
8oz/225ml hot stock
1tbsp fresh chopped parsley
salt and pepper

melt the butter and cook the onions for 3-4 min. Add the carrots and cook 2 more minutes. Add the celery and fry for 5 more minutes, then season with salt and pepper and add the stock, place a lid on the pan, turn down the heat and cook for 20 min. Take the lid off and simmer till the liquid has reduced and become slightly syrupy, about 5 min.

Well, if you have some celery that’s just going to go bad if you don’t use it up, then I would make this, but I wouldn’t go out of my way for it. It’s pretty tasty, the carrots and onions especially, but I think I like celery as an ingredient better then I like it as a side dish.

I got this one from Delia Smith.

2 comments:

posicionamiento en google said...

Quite useful information, much thanks for this post.

www.cadiz-3d.com said...

In my view everybody must go through it.