Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Clementine Pork Steaks



2tbsp sunflower oil
4 lean pork steaks, about 100g each
200g mushrooms, sliced
2tsp paprika
2tbsp red currant jelly
50ml Clementine juice (from about 2 clementines)
1tbsp red wine vinegar

Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan, add the pork steaks and fry quickly until browned on both sides (the steaks will still be underdone in the middle at this point. Remove from the pan, add the remaining oil, then fry the mushrooms till softened.
Return the pork to the pan, sprinkle in the paprika and stir in the redcurrant jelly and Clementine juice. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the jelly. Simmer for about 5 min, turning the pork halfway through, until the meat and mushrooms are tender.

I found this in Good Food Magazine.

Notice, the red wine vinegar is never actually mentioned in the preparation. Just in the ingredient list. I figured that must have been some kind of misprint, so I went ahead and added it with the jelly and juice.

This was very nice. We were out and I wasn’t sure what I was making, but I had this magazine with me, so I picked this out, so I could get what I needed on the way home. This was exactly what I wanted, it was quick, it was easy, and it was tasty.

No comments: