Saturday, December 29, 2007

Blackened Pork chops with mango salsa



1tbsp chili powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
2tbsp olive oil
2 thick cut pork chops
1 large mango, diced
2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 halved
1 large tomato, diced
handful of coriander leaves, chopped
Rocket to serve

Mix the chili powder, salt and sugar with the olive oil, and rub on both sides of the chops.
Cook the pork chops for 2 min on each side on a griddle or in a frying pan, then turn down the heat, and cook about 5 minutes more, turning once. Griddle the lime halves till caramelized.
For the salsa, mix the mango, lime juice, tomato and coriander, and season with salt.
Serve with the griddled lime halves, some salsa, and rocket.

So easy and fast. It’s short on cooking time and prep time too. Ideal for last minute, or after work cooking.

I forgot to pick up a tomato, so instead of mango salsa, we really had herbed mango. Still the combination of coriander, lime, and mango, was nothing to scoff at. As a matter of fact, my youngest son had a whole bowl of it.

This was delicious. As always, I cannot resist good pork chops, or the lime and coriander combination, so this was perfect for me. I got it from 101 Global Dishes. I’ve been using these 101 books a lot. I just got a whole set of them, and they are cute and fun, and their recipes tend to be fairly simple, because they have to fit into that tiny little format. Some of them are better then others, but all in all I find them to be much better then I expected them to be.

This was definitely a winner.

No comments: