Monday, June 04, 2007

Piña Colada



In the states it’s easy enough to find a decent drink mix to make these, but if they have it out here, I’ve not seen it. We wound up using a tiny bit of Peach flavor Robinson’s, which you can’t get in the states, but is a staple in every household in the uk from what I can tell. So really, these are very British Piña Coladas.

1part coconut cream
1part white rum (just because dark rum tends to make me sick)
1 part pineapple juice
Robinson’s to taste

Blend the first three ingredients well. If it’s a bit too strong add a little more pineapple juice, then add some Robinson’s just to sweeten it up (start with maybe half a shot, then taste and adjust). Pour over ice to serve.

These were so good! They are the perfect compliment to a beautiful sunny day, and so easy to make. I had many. I had the headache later to prove it too, but it was totally worth it.

No comments: