Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cheese –Oat Balls

I forgot to take a picture of these, but I had to include them anyway because I love them. I will make them again soon, and try to get a picture of them up here


4oz/115g rolled oats
4oz/115g Cheddar Cheese, grated
4oz/115g Wholemeal flour
4oz/115g Butter or margerine, softened to room temperature
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
4 tbsp milk

Spread oats in a shallow tin and toast at 350f/180c until a pale, golden brown
Combine oats well with other ingredients.
Pinch off pieces a little larger than marbles and roll into balls on an un-greased baking sheet and bake at 350f/180c for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Store in an airtight container.

Oh my god, so much fun! I love these. They taste just like “Cheeze-its”, but they are way healthier. They were super easy to make, both of my sons helped out. They had fun measuring and pouring, though my two year old got distracted by a bowl of pennies before we got to the ball rolling. My Three year old made a good 4 or 5 balls before joining in the penny throwing.

The only down side of these, is that it will be hard to get the kids to eat anything else when they are around.

Fun, easy, so tasty, you should try this.

No comments: