Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Honey Banana Ice Cream (world's easiest ice cream)



585ml soy milk
1 large or 2 medium bananas
4-6 Tbsp oil
6oz/170g honey
Pinch of sea salt

Blend all ingredients, then freeze until solid.

This is from another one of my yard sale cookbooks. It was originally an American book from the magazine Vegetarian Times. This was a British edition of it called, surprisingly, The Vegetarian Times Cookbook. I love this book, it’s just a little paperback, with no photos at all, but I’m really excited about what I have seen in there so far, and if this dessert is anything to go by, then I’ll be making a lot of their recipes.

I’ve been really wanting to try making ice cream, but I don’t have a machine, and all the recipes say “now pour into your ice cream machine”. This seemed like a good starter for me, and it was easy enough that my son could really feel like he had made it all by himself. He likes that.

The only tip I would offer, is that it takes ages to freeze. You really need to make it at least a day in advance. Once it is fully frozen it has the consistency of ice milk more then ice cream, and it is so good that it may actually be impossible to stop eating it before it all runs out. We had it a couple of days ago, and my older son has been crying for more ever since. I promised him we would make some more tomorrow.

No comments: