Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hard Cider: Part 2

homebrew

21 days ago I put up what I was hoping would turn into delicious booze. Yesterday, in celebration of Halloween and because the time was up, I took it out of its cool dark place and through some cheese cloth poured it into a glass.

As with the more of my experimental booze projects, I make my husband try it first.
And I observe his reaction:


not bad

He 'said' it was good and actually came back for more. A friend of mine came over later and she said, 'I don't know' a couple of times which I'm pretty sure means, 'not awesome'.

It wasn't bad. It also wasn't wonderful. It was encouraging. Next time around I'm going to use champagne yeast and only the smallest amount of sugar. I'm going to get going on that. If it put it up in the next couple of days it will be ready in time for Thanksgiving.

Hard Cider: Part 1

tags technorati :

No comments: