Saturday, January 05, 2008

Stuff dipped in chocolate




These were mostly just a spur of the moment idea. I had all this stuff in the fridge, so I just put it all together. You make a small slit in the top of the dried apricot, and stuff some marzipan in it, then just dip the apricot in some melted chocolate and lay it on parchment paper. I also dipped in a bunch of sections from a Clementine. Then put it in the fridge to harden the chocolate.

I melted the chocolate in the microwave by the way. It’s the easiest way to do it. 1 minute, then stir it up. It’s that easy.

The apricots weren’t really what I had hoped. They were tasty, but the flavor of the marzipan was lost. It was unnecessary. Really it was the Clementine pieces that won me over. They were just really simple, and totally perfect. The fresh juiciness of the orange, and the dark chocolate were a wonderful combination. I would definitely do that again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those look delicious!
This is the first time on your blog. It’s great.

AteThat said...

Thank you. I hope you find something you'd like to try!