Tuesday, December 26, 2006
I made a top chef winner from this seasons cooking-for-surfers-on-the-beach-challenge.
We are staying on the beach and it looked tasty so it seemed appropriate.
It was from one of my current favorite contenders, Elia Aboumrad. Taken directly from the top chef website.
"Organic Breakfast Lunch and Dinner" Waffle with Ham, Cheese, & Fried Eggs
1 frozen waffle
1/2 cup refried beans
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 slice Munster cheese
2 slices coppa ham
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Maple syrup for drizzling
1. Heat broiler in oven.
2. In a small bowl, combine refried beans and olive oil. Mix well and season to taste.
3. In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Crack egg into skillet and fry to desired firmness.
4. Toast the waffle to desired doneness. Spread with butter and then with refried bean mixture.
5. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with cheese.
6. Put waffle on a baking sheet and broil until cheese melts, watching carefully so it does not burn.
7. Remove from oven, top with coppa ham, fried egg and top with chopped parsley. Season to taste and serve immediately.
It was tasty. Quite tasty. It took no time to make. Pretty hard to muss up. Easy to make for a bunch of people. Munster is really the cheese to use, but cheddar would be good too. I love it. Happy xmas.