Thursday, August 07, 2008

Bambi Birthday Cake



So I made another funny cake. After seeing my son’s Car
cake, a friend of mine mentioned that her daughter would really like a birthday cake shaped like Bambi (the Disney deer). I thought about it for a really long time, and this is what I came up with.



She loved it! I loved making it too. I used two batches of Victoria sponge batter, only instead of making four circle shaped cakes, I made three in loaf tins and one in a regular Victoria sponge tin.
The body is made out of two of the loaf cakes, and the head is made out of half of the third one. The circle was perfect for making the legs, and the other bits (ears, tail) were made from scraps from the third loaf, and the circle.

I find that it’s best to make the cakes the day before, and refrigerate them over night. It makes them a little less delicate, easier to cut and manipulate.

These cakes are my new favorite hobby, so hopefully there will be more of them in the future.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Food can be such FUN! Since you're using Victoria sponge, how about the Queen's crown? It would be lots of fun to shop for the jewels with a photo in your purse!

Unknown said...

That is so cute!

sexshoptienda.net said...

Thank you for this article, really useful material.

Sandra Davis said...

Thanks for providing such a great information here.
Actually,I was looking forward to such a info.I really appreciate it.Hope to see such a informative stuff in future!

Unknown said...

It makes them a little less delicate, easier to cut and manipulate.
dissertation introduction examples

Unknown said...

You'll never regret when you use 1WS. They are the best!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. cakes in california