Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Chicken Green Curry

Since the Squid Salad turned out so well I figured I would try this out. Agian, a mix of a bunch of similar recipes that I found around the web. I've never made a Thai curry before and am interested what is involved.

1 14-ounce can light unsweetened coconut milk
2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup sliced green onions
1 1/4 cups chopped fresh basil

1. Stir coconut milk, curry paste and ginger in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until paste dissolves, about 1 minute. Mix broth and cornstarch in small bowl until cornstarch dissolves; mix into skillet. Stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken, fish sauce and lime juice. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, green onions and basil and cook 2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.

Blah, ugly, spicy but missing a layer of flavor someplace. I was hoping to get something delicious like I used to get when I would order from East Village Thai. No such luck. I'm going back to take out if I want this. Mow, I just have to figure out what to do with the remaining green curry.

No comments: